- Site Feedback
- IDEA Sites
- Digital Freedoms
- 2012 Presidential Debates Guide
- Asia Youth Forum
- Big Apple Cogers
- Debate Changing Europe
- Debate in the Neighborhood
- Debating and Producing Media
- Debating the Future of Youth in Africa and Europe
- Digital Debating Blog
- Free Speech Debate
- Global Youth Forum
- Global Debate and Public Policy Challenge
- International Public Policy Forum
- Online Mentoring
- The Freedom Series
- Youth and Sports Mega-Events
Youth in 21st Century: Debating and Producing Media Workshop 2012 in Latvia
Submitted by Mite Kuzevski on 3 June 2012
The International Debate Education Association and The Soros Foundation Latvia announces an open call for applications to select youth from Baltics to participate in Youth in 21st Century: Debating and Producing Media Workshop 2012.
The media play an important role in shaping the ideas of youth worldwide. The media can validate or ignore social or political issues in a society, cover some issues at the expense of others, and shape perceptions about particular groups or individuals.
The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) organizes a series of two-week workshops that combine debate, discussion, and analysis of the media’s role in society with hands-on training in how to create professional and insightful media projects.
The first workshop was in 2010 and since then workshops were held in Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, and Sub-Sahara Africa.
The Youth in 21st Century: Debating and Producing Media Workshop 2012:
Location: Sigulda, Latvia (youth hotel “Kaba”)
Event Date: August 13 - 26, 2012
Fee: This event is free. Bus travel, accommodation and meals are provided for participants for the entire event period (August 13-26, 2012).
Application Deadline: July 1, 2012
The total of 40 applicants will be selected to participant in this camp.
- Applicants must be currently residing in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia.
- Applicants must be between 18-29 years old
- Download application form at this website or request one at youth.media.EasternEurope@gmail.com
- The application must be accompanied by applicant’s Curriculum Vitae (CV). CV template can be downloaded at the website.
- Submit the completed application form and CV to youth.media.EasternEurope@gmail.com with the subject “youth media application.”
Application deadline: July 1, 22, 2012
Announce selection results: July 15, 2012
If you have any questions, please contact us at youth.media.EasternEurope@gmail.com
|Aplication form||31 KB|
|CV Template||45.38 KB|
Toader Mateoc, this year's Spirit Award for Coaches winner, talks to us about the award and the Youth Forum in Mexico.The Spirit Awards, awarded...
Dear All, We want to thank you all for your interest in Chennai Worlds. During the period when registration was open, we had 477 unique...
The Curriculum Director for the 2013 Global Youth Forum has been announced. Serving her second year as the Curriculum Director will be Dr. Anca...