- Site Feedback
- IDEA Sites
- Digital Freedoms
- International Justice
- 2012 Presidential Debates Guide
- Asia Youth Forum
- Big Apple Cogers
- Debate Changing Europe
- Debate in the Neighborhood
- Debating and Producing Media
- Debating the Future of Youth in Africa and Europe
- Dialogue without borders
- Digital Debating Blog
- Free Speech Debate
- Global Youth Forum
- Global Debate and Public Policy Challenge
- International Public Policy Forum
- Online Mentoring
- Securing Liberty Series
- Youth and Sports Mega-Events
- League of Young Voters
Counting Down to UT MARA Australs 2013!
Submitted by Colm Flynn on 27 June 2013
We're exactly 17 days away from UT MARA Australs 2013 and the Organising Committee is hard at work to bring you an Australs with a unique cultural experience!
We have many exciting updates for our participants and also several important announcements for the benefit of all participants of the UT MARA Australs:
We are happy to inform that there are more than 100 teams from 60 different institutions that have completed their full registration fee payment. As we finalize the remaining slots, we are happy to announce the possibility of expanding the team cap to 130 teams in light of the tremendous support from the Australasian debating community. Therefore please take note as we finalize all the details and preparation.
In order to facilitate the registration process and to ensure the welfare of all the participants, we would like to urgently remind you to complete the personal details registration via FastRego. We have already passed the deadline for the personal details registration which was the on the 24th June, however, we will extend the deadline to the 28th June for those who have yet to complete the registration. Failure in doing so will mean that the Committee will not be able to accommodate to your travel and rooming arrangements as well as to cater to your dietary requirements.
*For your kind info*
We've prepared the latest FAQs and a dress code guide to help you pack. We have uploaded the document on our website and you may access it via these two links http://utmaraaustrals2013.com/about/faq/ & http://utmaraaustrals2013.com/tournament/dress-code-guide/
For countries that require VISA applications, Please let us know if you require assistance in getting your visa. Our partnersthe Malaysia Major Events is ready to help out any participants facing difficulty getting it. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org<email@example.com> for any visa related help.
Travel/Health Insurance: You are advised to take on a general travel insurance that includes medical coverage especially to those who are not used to Malaysian tropical heat. UT MARA's medical department has pledged to be on standby to assist any emergency situation should they arise.
We will place all participants in twin-sharing suites at the 5-star Pacific Regency Hotel Suites, a luxurious accommodation right opposite the KL Tower.
*Free Airport Pick-Up/Send-Off*
On the arrival day (14th July 2013) and on the departure day (22 July 2013), we will prepare a fleet of buses around the clock to pick-up and send-off participants from and to our two international airports: the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT).
We have prepared five exciting excursion packages for our participants and you can sign on to these packages during registration day! It will be a fully-arranged, affordable package ranging from the following:
- *Theme Park Package* - A full-day visit to Malaysia's premier theme park, Sunway Lagoon. Participants can choose to opt for the thrilling rides in the dry theme park or the water rides at the wet theme park.
- *Cultural Package* - Participants will be chauffeured to a myriad of Malaysia's best museums and parks to soak in the best of Malaysian culture.
- *Shopping Package* - Malaysia's most known for our never-ending line of malls, but participants who sign up for this package will shop in our infamous local street markets ranging from Central Market to Petaling Street and Chow Kit Road!
- *Nature Package* - Participants will get to enjoy activities in the nature such as hiking and riding the flying-fox in one of our most famous forest reserves.
- *Women's Package - *Female participants will get to pamper themselves in a relaxing day starting from yoga in the morning, and a package inclusive of footbath, herbal foot steam, full body aromatherapy massage and eye pillow treatment.
- *The Iftar Experience* As Australs will be hosted during the holy month of Ramadan where our Muslim participants will be fasting the whole day from dawn to dusk. Like we do every fasting month, during Iftar (the breaking of fast) participants will get to experience a simulation of Malaysia's famous food bazaar which showcases various stalls with varied traditional cuisines.
We will make a feast out of daily dinners like we do every fasting month and we want you to join in on the experience!
Our team has selected several interesting locations for this year's social events. From the Welcoming Drinks at the Luna Lounge with an amazing 360 degree view of the Kuala Lumpur skyline to the most awaited Break Night, at the Zebra Square. We are working very hard to give you the best experience! For more details on Socials, please visithttp://utmaraaustrals2013.com/tournament/socials/
More details to be posted up soon!
We are ready and we are really looking forward to see all of you.
UT MARA Australs Malaysia 2013