- Site Feedback
- IDEA Sites
- Digital Freedoms
- 2012 Presidential Debates Guide
- Asia Youth Forum
- Big Apple Cogers
- Debate Changing Europe
- Debate in the Neighborhood
- Debating and Producing Media
- Debating the Future of Youth in Africa and Europe
- Digital Debating Blog
- Free Speech Debate
- Global Youth Forum
- Global Debate and Public Policy Challenge
- International Public Policy Forum
- Online Mentoring
- The Freedom Series
- Youth and Sports Mega-Events
Announcement of the 1stChinaBP@blcu2012 in Beijing, China ( 3rd to 9th Oct 2012)
Submitted by Colm Flynn on 10 July 2012
It is my pleasure to announce the opening of registration for the 1stChinaBP@blcu2012 which will be held from 3rd October 2012 to 9th October 2012 at the Beijing Language & Culture University (BLCU), Beijing China. This inaugural international BP debate event promises excellent debates, well respected judges and great socials for all participants.
Below is Summary of the Event for your information:
1. Tournament Website: http://chinabp2012.sinaapp.com/
2. Organising Committee:
Conveners: Loke Wing Fatt, Andrew Cheong Zhiren
Registration Director: Stella Jiang
Finance Director: Betty Kang
Volunteer Director: Alice Zhang
Venue Director: Janet Tao
Sponsorship Director: Low Kim Heng
Website Manager: Tom Tung
3. Debate Format: British Parliamentary Format
4. Tournament Capacity: 100 teams
6. Arrival/Departure Dates: 2nd October to 10th October
7. Registration Fee (excluding accommodation) :
a) For Debaters/Judges: 680 RMB (USD$108) per person
b) For Observers: 1000 RMB per person
8. Registration Policy
1. All Debate Teams will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis the moment Registration Starts on 9th July 2012 till 8am on 3rd October 2012
2. 1stChinaBP@blcu2012 accepts “Institutional Teams” (from universities and high schools), “Composite Teams” and “Open Teams”.
“Composite Teams” refer to BP teams formed by full-time high school or university students who are NOT from the same educational institution.
“Open Teams” refer to teams comprising any two working adults who formed a BP Debate Team not affiliated to any educational institution in China or anywhere in the world.
3. The N minus1 Rule (N-1) Adjudicator Requirement applies to institutional teams and composite teams. That is, for institutions which send 1 team, there is no need to register and bring 1 Accompanying Adjudicator.
But when an institution registers 2 teams, it would have to register 1 Accompanying Adjudicator. For an institution registering 3 teams, 2 Accompanying Adjudicators will have to register and judge at our event.
Failure to adhere to this N-1 Rule may result in teams from that institutions not being allowed to “break” or having one of its teams being broken up to provide the required Accompanying Adjudicators. For teams that require assistance, please write in to our Chief Adjudicator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each institution is only required to register a maximum of 3 Adjudicators, no matter how many teams it registers at the 1stChinaBP@blcu2012
“Open Teams” are not subject to the N minus1 Rule (N-1) Adjudicator Requirement.
4. Each Institution is allowed to register 6 Teams during the Registration Period. Registration is on a “first come first admitted basis” till the Tournament Capacity is reached. Registration will continue till the start of the event on 8am on 3rd October 2012.
Registration is complete only when payment of the promised Registration Fees is made into the designated account of 1stChinaBP@blcu2012
5. Independent Adjudicators who wish to apply for travel and housing subsidies will have to write to the Chief Adjudicator at: email@example.com
6. A Finalised List of Approved Teams/Adjudicators will be published on the Tournament Website for everyone’s information and verification.
9. Social Events
1. Opening Ceremony Dinner at BLCU Conference Centre
2. Break Night Party at Traditional Chinese Hutong (Old Style Chinese Courtyard Houses)
3. Closing Ceremony & Championship Dinner at BLCU Grand Dining Hall
The recommended hotel is the BLCU Conference Center located within the BLCU campus. Website of the hotel is http://www.blcu.edu.cn/conference/index.html
We recommend that you make reservations earlier since places fill up quickly. We will be arranging block reservations for debaters.
We look forward to your support of our event!
Loke Wing Fatt
Society for Associated Inter-Tertiary Debaters (SAID)
Dear All, We want to thank you all for your interest in Chennai Worlds. During the period when registration was open, we had 477 unique...
Toader Mateoc, this year's Spirit Award for Coaches winner, talks to us about the award and the Youth Forum in Mexico.The Spirit Awards, awarded...
The Curriculum Director for the 2013 Global Youth Forum has been announced. Serving her second year as the Curriculum Director will be Dr. Anca...