- Site Feedback
- IDEA Sites
- Digital Freedoms
- International Justice
- 2012 Presidential Debates Guide
- Asia Youth Forum
- Big Apple Cogers
- Debate Changing Europe
- Debate in the Neighborhood
- Debating and Producing Media
- Debating the Future of Youth in Africa and Europe
- Dialogue without borders
- Digital Debating Blog
- Free Speech Debate
- Global Youth Forum
- Global Debate and Public Policy Challenge
- International Public Policy Forum
- Online Mentoring
- Securing Liberty Series
- Youth and Sports Mega-Events
- League of Young Voters
If you are an academic or highly knowledgeable about a particular debate could you give an hour or two a month to curate a debate? Curators take on the role of curator for an individual debate in which they are experts in the field. Curators help give Debatabase debates authority, they check the debate for accuracy and completeness. After the initial checking of the debate the curators can be relatively hands off and let editors do most of the work. The curator then simply needs to accept or reject suggestions for changes that are made to them by the editors working on the debate.
For the debate they have chosen the curators role is:
- check the debate for accuracy and make suggestions for areas that need changing, new points that may be needed or arguments that need taking out.
- provide a further reading list to the debate to give users the opportunity to research in depth elsewhere if they so choose.
- Accept or reject suggestions for changes that are submitted by editors.
What qualifications do I need to be a curator?
Be highly qualified in the subject area of the debate: Ideally you should have published something on the debate or a nearby subject area but it may also simply have been your field of work for an extended period.
A willingness to be objective towards the debate: If you have strong views on a debate you would like to curate please let us know so that we can search for another curator with the opposite viewpoint to share the role.
If you you would like to be a curator for a debate, please complete the details below.
If you are more interested in writing or editing Debatabase debates then go to 'Interested in writing for Debatabase?'
Get to know IDEA
Help empower young people to speak up! Download our Discovery Pack. Donate to IDEA.
Subscribe to IDEA