- Site Feedback
- IDEA Sites
- Digital Freedoms
- International Justice
- 2012 Presidential Debates Guide
- Asia Youth Forum
- Big Apple Cogers
- Debate Changing Europe
- Debate in the Neighborhood
- Debating and Producing Media
- Debating the Future of Youth in Africa and Europe
- Dialogue without borders
- Digital Debating Blog
- Free Speech Debate
- Global Youth Forum
- Global Debate and Public Policy Challenge
- International Public Policy Forum
- Online Mentoring
- Securing Liberty Series
- Youth and Sports Mega-Events
- League of Young Voters
Employment & Opportunities
IDEA CENTRAL SEEKS BOARD MEMBERS
Deadline for application: N/A
IDEA Central is seeking to appoint Board Members. In organisations of all kinds, good governance starts with the Board of Directors. The Board's role and legal obligation is to oversee the administration (management) of the organisation and ensure that the organisation fulfills its mission. Good board members monitor, guide and enable good management; they do not do it themselves. The Board generally has decision-making powers regarding matters of policy, direction, strategy, and governance of the organisation.
The IDEA Central board seeks talent in governance, organisational structure and management, communications and fundraising.
For Core Functions and Responsibilities and to find out how to apply,read here.
IDEA UK SEEKS DEBATE COORDINATOR
Location: London, UK
Deadline for applications: 1st March 2017
Position type: Full-time staff member
IDEA UK is seeking a Debate Club Coordinator. Reporting to IDEA UK’s Programmes Manager, the Debate Club Coordinator will be responsible for delivering IDEA UK’s debate education programmes particularly the World Debate Club with Further Education Colleges.
Areas of responsibility and tasks:
- Responsibility for managing performance in our debate programmes through supporting trainers and volunteers;
- Running individual debating events;
- Establishing and developing relationships with stakeholders;
- Identifying opportunities to expand IDEA’s clubs and programmes;
- Leading on corporate employer engagement
- Ensuring programmes meet internal and external quality standards
- Other tasks as requested by the Executive Director and Programmes Manager.
For more information, see the Job Description attached.
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours, can be flexible - less if desired.
Salary: £24,000 p.a.
How to apply: Please send a cv and covering letter explaing your suitability for the role to Mat Corbett firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check the Job Description.
|2015.01-Board members_call for applications.pdf||221.11 KB|
Get to know IDEA
Help empower young people to speak up! Download our Discovery Pack. Donate to IDEA.
Subscribe to IDEA
Want to know more about how debate works, why it's so great or how you can get involved?
iDebate Press publishes books on debating and its various formats, contemporary controversies and topics related to young people.
With your help, IDEA can continue to reach out to those who are hard to reach, can give something invaluable to those who have so little and can help inspire young leaders around the world.